Copyright 2012 © Sun Briquettes : All right Reserved.
Designed & Maintained by CH
What is briquetting ?
Briquetting is the process of converting low bulk density biomass into high density and energy concentrated fuel briquettes.
Large numbers of plant are being put up in under-
Briquettes have these three essential features about them.
High density : bulk density > 750 kg/m3.
Low moisture : about 8-
Easy to store, transport and handle for firing.
Advantages of Briquettes
• Biomass briquettes have high caloric value ranging from 3500 to 4200 Kcal per kg
• Moisture content of fuel briquettes is less then 10%
• The ash content is only 2% to 10% as compared to 20% to 40% in coil.
• It is equal to B grade coil in terms of caloric value.
• They are non-
• The bulk density is in the range of 800-
2500 to 3000
4200 to 4500
4500 to 6000
20 to 28 %
0.5 to 6 %
25 to 50%
Pollution, Poisonous effluent Smoke
No Smoke, No Sulphur
25 to 35 %
Rs. 3.5 /kg
Rs. 7 /kg
Require maximum persons in
handling and cutting
Single person is enough
Require two persons
Require regular maintenance
normal Fly ash deposit
high wear & tear
Tough require more areas
of packed material
COMPARISSON OF SUN COMPANY WITH OTHER FOSSIL FUELS